Students, staff and special guests gathered to celebrate HNC’s Media and Film students’ work from the past academic year.
The ceremony was an opportunity to showcase the finest coursework produced by Media and Film BTEC and A Level students this year, to recognise and reward their hard work, talent and achievement.
Four students were nominated for each category, with a winner being announced on the evening. An additional ‘Students’ Choice’ award was also given out on the night, presented by the Principal, Angela Williams. Congratulations to Jade Leadbeater who beat off some very stiff competition from her peers to win the award, a well-deserved recognition for all her hard work.
On the night, we were joined by local industry experts, Shay Moradi (Running In The Halls), Rob Walker (Studio Disjointed), Ahid Miah (Panda Media) and David Andrassy (Andrassy Media), who helped to present the awards.
Performing Arts students provided some amazing entertainment throughout the evening, with a fantastic rendition of ‘Let it go’ by Bethany Rosamond, and our resident cellist, Jenny O’Sullivan, played ‘Pure Imagination’. BTEC Creative Media students Will Coldwell, Thomas Ashwell and Fiaz Shahpal provided videos of the department’s highlights throughout the year, which may have brought a few tears to the eyes of staff and students alike.
As always, the evening was a fantastic success and we can’t wait to do it all again next year!
A full list of the evening’s winners can be found below.
- Best A2 Video Coursework - Nathan Archer
- Best A2 Print Coursework - Montana Greenwood
- Best Posters - Rebecca Hollingworth
- Best Storyboard - Natasha Brook
- Best Practitioner (TV & Film Year 1) - William Coldwell
- Best Practitioner (TV & Film Year 2) - Lucy Storrie
- Best Social Action project - Corey Noel & Lucy Storrie
- Best Music Video - Lumix Productions
- Best Extended Step Outline - Hebi-Leigh Esposito
- Best Screenplay - Thomas Gent
- Best Game - William Todd
- Best Practitioner (Games Year 2) - Matthew Roebuck
- Best Practitioner (Games Year 1) - Ashley Phoenix
- Best Artistic Achievement (Games) - Adam Hood
- Student Choice Award - Jade Leadbeater