Data Protection at Huddersfield New College
Huddersfield New College’s data protection vision is to create a culture of protecting privacy and personal data.
Personal data is information that ‘relates to and identifies a living individual’. Personal data should be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
Further general guidance is available from the Information Commissioner's Office .
Good records management and information security will help the College comply with all legal requirements. The Data Protection Officer and is responsible for providing help and guidance on applying the Data Protection Act, as well as for co-ordinating subject access requests from individuals. Policies relating to data protection, freedom of information and security are available below:
- CCTV Policy
- Data Protection Policy 2021
- Freedom of Information Policy 2021
- Publication Scheme 2021
- IT Acceptable and Safe Use Policy 2020
- Student Images Statement 2021
- Anti-fraud, bribery and Corruption Policy 2020
The College operates within the Privacy Statements below:
- Student Applicant Privacy Notice 2021
- Student Privacy Notice 2021
- Employee Privacy Notice 2021
- Staff Applicant Privacy Notice 2021
For more information about Data Subject Access Requests, please click here
If you have any queries please contact our Data Protection Officer: