Data Protection at Huddersfield New College
Huddersfield New College’s data protection vision is to create a culture of protecting privacy and personal data.
Personal data is information that ‘relates to and identifies a living individual’. Personal data should be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
Further general guidance is available from the Information Commissioner's Office .
Good records management and information security will help the College comply with all legal requirements. The Data Protection Officer and is responsible for providing help and guidance on applying the Data Protection Act, as well as for co-ordinating subject access requests from individuals. Policies relating to data protection, freedom of information and security are available below:
- CCTV Policy 2015
- Data Protection Policy 2018
- Freedom of Information Policy 2018
- Publication Scheme 2018
- IT Acceptable Use and E-Safety Policy 2018
- Student Images Statement 2019
The College operates within the Privacy Statements below:
- Student Applicant Privacy Notice 2018
- Student Privacy Notice 2018
- Employee Privacy Notice 2019
- Staff Applicant Privacy Notice 2019
For more information about Data Subject Access Requests, please click here
If you have any queries please contact our Data Protection Officer: