Journey to HNC
From attending an open event to your induction, here’s a step by step guide of your journey to HNC.
- Ensure you have a plan- speak to your careers advisors and get organised
- Now is the time to get into good habits. Attend well, be punctual, stay engaged with your lessons and work hard – everything you do in Year 11 will determine what you will be offered at your admissions interview
October – November 2023
- Join us for one of our open events – not only will this help to inform your post-16 subject choices, it also allows you to experience life at HNC
- This is a good time to research the entry criteria for your preferred courses and most appropriate pathway – you will be offered a place at HNC based on your predicted, or reference, grades
- Apply for your place – our application window opens 16 October 2023.
- Join our bookable lesson tasters on the 23 January to check the courses you have applied for, or intend to apply for, are the right ones for you
February – March 2024
- 2 February is the final application deadline. You must meet this deadline in order to be invited to interview. As an oversubscribed College, late applications won’t be accepted
- Your College interview will take place at one of a series of interview evenings here at HNC in January, February or March; we’ll contact you with a date and time once we have received your application
- 12 April is the deadline to accept your place post interview. Please note, that as an oversubscribed College any offers that are not accepted are withdrawn and cannot be reissued under any circumstances. It is important to note that you can accept a place at more than one College if you need more time to make a final decision
May – June 2024
- You’ll be working hard on your GCSE exams!
- After your GCSE exams finish, we’ll contact you about our Virtual College Campus, HNC @ Home. Here you’ll be able to take part in activities to help prepare you for your step up to College and Level 3 study
- Join the welcome event, Hudd Fest, on Thursday 11 July 2024
- Complete your pre-enrolment task and upload your photo to CEDAR for your membership badge
- Toward the end of the month we’ll send out details on how to enrol. Please note that enrolment at HNC takes place online
- Collect your GCSE results!
- Upload your GCSE results to CEDAR by 4:30pm on Thursday 22 August- details on how to do this will be sent to you ahead of GCSE results day. You do not need to attend this in person
- Be available by phone between Friday 23 August and Friday 30 August in case we need to discuss your enrolment with you
- Join us for the compulsory induction day on Monday 2 September!