This is an academic, dynamic and interesting subject that will see you develop your own opinions through exploring topics that include:
• How markets determine what goods and services will be produced
• How the government can determine how economies run and how this influences our culture
• The Bank of England and the role of interest rates
• Business economics such as profit and the role of
An enriching experience
Studying A Level Economics at HNC is an enriching experience. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and interests, broadening your horizons and building your cultural capital. These experiences are integral to life at HNC and will help you to stand out from the crowd. Some of the experiences our A Level Economics students enjoy include:
• Work placements, including to international destinations and the chance to work in overseas locations. This year students have travelled to Malta and Valencia and enjoyed work experience placements with international brands such as Zara
• Benefiting from connections with leading employers including PwC, with the potential to secure an internship or degree level apprenticeship
• Trips to universities to help you understand where your studies can take you and inspire your next steps
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed via examination.
Economics is a widely accepted A Level, and valued highly by universities, particularly Russell Group Universities, as the skills you will learn and develop here at HNC will prepare you for further study. It can therefore support a diverse range of progression routes; popular routes can include politics, finance, charitable and not for profit organisations. Many students also find their studies spark an interest in key social issues and pursue roles in government departments and political think tanks. Our students have progressed to a diverse and exciting range of career paths with popular degree routes including:
- Finance and Management Consultancy
- Investment Banking