You’ll need to meet the entry criteria for your chosen pathway.
• Targeting customers through marketing
• Business strategies and growth planning
• The role of people in business
• How entrepreneurs succeed
• Effective financial management
An Enriching Experience
Studying A Level Business at HNC is an enriching experience. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and interests, broadening your horizons and building your cultural capital. These experiences are integral to life at HNC and will help you to stand out from the crowd. Some of the experiences our A Level Business students enjoy include:
• Work placements, including to international destinations and the chance to work in overseas locations. This year students have travelled to Malta and Valencia and experienced placements with international brands such as Zara
• A chance to take part in national competitions, such as the Young Enterprise challenge
• Connections with leading employers including PwC, with the potential to secure an internship or degree level
• The opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into action, including as a Business Ambassador hosting College events
We are proud of the unique experiences that are available to our students both inside and outside of the classroom. These will stretch and challenge you to develop the required skills you’ll need to achieve the life-changing qualifications that will lead you to your dream career.
Through the exploration of real-life scenarios such as inflation and the cost of living crisis you’ll build your Business skills and learn more about how the concepts you’re exploring in your studies translate to the world around us. Our Young Enterprise group for example created their eco-brand designed to fight climate change, mentored by a local Business leader.
How will you be assessed?
This course is assessed via three examinations.
A Level Business students progress on to an exciting variety of higher education courses, ranging from Law and Economics to Accountancy and Marketing. An increasing number of students have also successfully progressed to degree level apprenticeships, and some students opt for direct entry into the workplace in roles such as leisure and tourism and retail management.
Popular degree pathways for students who complete this course include:
• Logistical Management