You’ll need to meet the entry criteria for your chosen Pathway and you’ll also need to achieve a grade 4 in GCSE Maths.
For further information on the pathways, please click here.
This is a challenging course that will support you to develop a variety of key skills such as critical analysis, research and communication. The topics you’ll study will include:
• Applications of psychological approaches
• Conducting psychological research
• Health Psychology
• Criminal and Forensic Psychology
An enriching experience
Studying Applied Psychology at HNC is an enriching experience. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and interests, broadening your horizons and building your cultural capital. These experiences are integral to life at HNC and will help you to stand out from the crowd. Some of the experiences our Applied Psychology students enjoy include:
• Participating in inspirational and valuable guest workshops and university lectures
• Participating in residential trips and visits – past students have enjoyed a trip to Psychology Live! at Disneyland, Paris
• The option to become one of our ambassadors, representing HNC at events such as our Open Days, building key employability skills such as communication and leadership
• Working on a practical research project which will see you build skills valued by employers and universities alike
We are proud of the unique experiences that are available to our students both inside and outside of the classroom. Our subject specialists will instil in you a love of learning, and challenge you to develop the required skills you’ll need to achieve the life-changing qualifications that will lead you to your dream career.
On the course, you’ll enjoy a diverse range of teaching and learning methods which will challenge and stimulate you. For example, you’ll be tasked with creating and conducting your own research project, which will allow you to gain hands-on experience and put your learning into practice
How will you be assessed?
Assessment is via examinations and coursework.
A qualification in Applied Psychology will equip you with a broad range of skills which are highly valued by universities. Combined with the right subjects, Applied Psychology will allow you to access exciting subject-related degree programmes such as Occupational Health, Child Psychology and Sport Psychology. Psychology influences every aspect of our daily lives and is a great subject for any career that involves working with people. Career areas where Psychology qualifications are particularly useful include, Teaching, Counselling, Social Research and of course, Psychology. Applied Psychology students have recently progressed to university to study subjects such as:
• Early Years Teaching
What does this course go well with or what may you like?