You’ll need to meet the entry criteria for your chosen Pathway.
NOTE: You are unable to study 3 separate Art based A Levels. If you would like Art to make up your full time study programme, please see the full time Applied Art and Design course
Your topics in this dynamic and engaging subject will include:
- Graphical techniques
- Product, architecture, interior, and landscape design
- Use of computer-based media, including SketchUp Pro, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Working with materials and exploring their processes
- Personal project/area of interest
An enriching experience
Studying A Level 3D Design at HNC is an enriching experience. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and interests, broadening your horizons and building your cultural capital. These experiences are integral to life at HNC and will help you to stand out from the crowd. Some of the experiences our A Level 3D Design students enjoy, include:
- Visits to European cities such as Berlin to research architecture and design, and build cultural capital
- Exhibiting work in the end of year showcase
- Taking part in national competitions such as Future Engineers and the Rotary Technology This year, 3D Design Students won the Gold Award at the Rotary Technology Tournament
- Participating in inspirational and valuable guest workshops with local artists and university lecturers
- Working in an industry standard design workshop to develop model and product construction skills
We are proud of the unique experiences that are available to our students both inside and outside of the classroom. Our subject specialists will instil in you a love for learning, and challenge you to develop the required skills you’ll need to achieve the life-changing qualifications that will lead you to your dream career.
Our state-of-the-art 3D Design Studio will support you to develop your creativity using the very latest technology, helping you to realise your design visions in the most appropriate form. The Studio features the latest in industry standard equipment, such as a computerised laser cutting machine and supporting software, which you will use to explore, test and refine your ideas.
How will you be assessed?
Assessment is via examination and coursework.
3D Design is a fantastic option if you are looking to pursue a career in the art and design field. Our students pursue careers in areas such as Architecture, Furniture Design, Sculpture and Interior Design; however this course also supports progression to a wide range of higher education options and careers. 3D Design is a qualification valued highly by universities due to the creative, technical, and critical thinking skills it develops. Students studying this subject are also placed well to progress to degree level apprenticeships.
A Level 3D Design students progress to university to study subjects such as:
- Product Design
- Design Technology
- Graphic Design
- Interior Architecture