You’ll need to meet the entry criteria for your chosen Pathway and achieve a minimum of a grade 6 in GCSE Mathematics.
The topics in this challenging and fascinating subject include:
- Algebra- graphs and functions
- Exponentials and logarithms
- Probability and data
- Coordinate geometry
- Sequences and series
An enriching experience
Studying A Level Mathematics at HNC is an enriching experience. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and interests, broadening your horizons and building your cultural capital. These experiences are integral to life at HNC and will help you to stand out from the crowd. Some of the experiences our A Level Mathematics students enjoy include:
• Taking part in national competitions such as the Cipher Challenge, and reaching the finals of this event
• Stretching their Mathematics skills in the UKMT Senior Maths challenge – our students have achieved the gold award in this
• Visiting guest lecturers and speakers, and the opportunities to take part in higher level university led workshops
• Participation in MathsFest, a national conference for sixth- formers celebrating Maths
We are proud of the unique experiences that are available to our students both inside and outside of the classroom. Our subject specialists will instil in you a love of learning, and challenge you to develop the required skills you’ll need to achieve the life-changing qualifications that will lead you to your dream career.
Our teachers are subject specialists and experts in their field – many of our staff hold masters and PhDs. We are proud of the exceptional experience on offer inside and outside of the classroom and our subject experts will ensure that you have the skills and knowledge to succeed highly. Many of our A Level Mathematics students also take part in our XL Programme, which provides you with unique and exceptional opportunities to support progression to world leading universities.
How will you be assessed?
This course is assessed by examination.
A Level Mathematics is a highly regarded subject, and many of our students studying this subject progress to Russell Group universities. Studying A Level Mathematics will ensure you have access to a wide range of opportunities, but common pathways for students include Mathematics, Accounting, Law, Medicine, Engineering and Economics.
Popular degree level routes for students include: