General entry criteria for your chosen Pathway applies.
If you opt to study this 2 A Level equivalent course, you will deepen your understanding of the travel industry, ensuring that you have the knowledge and skills to progress to a related career in the sector.
• The world of Travel and Tourism
• Principles of marketing
• Global destinations
• Events, conferences and exhibitions
• Customer service
• Researching current travel trends
• Recruitment and selection
• Travel and tourism enterprises
An enriching experience
Studying Applied Travel and Tourism at HNC is an enriching experience. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and interests, broadening your horizons and building your cultural capital. These experiences are integral to life at HNC and will help you to stand out from the crowd. Some of the experiences our Applied Travel students enjoy include:
• Work placements, including to international destinations and the chance to work in overseas locations – this year students have travelled to Valencia enjoying work experience placements with local tourism companies
• Visiting guest speakers from local and national travel and tourism experts – this year students have enjoyed inspiring guest speakers from Jet 2, one of the leading employers locally
• Working within the local community for charitable causes
We are proud of the unique experiences that are available to our students both inside and outside of the classroom. These will support you to develop the required skills you’ll need to achieve the life-changing qualifications that will lead you to your dream career.
Our subject specialists are not only experts within their fields who will support you to build on key academic and employability skills; they’ll also work with you to instil a passion for your studies, helping you to develop a life-long love of learning.
You’ll enjoy learning through a variety of experiences including group
work, independent research, case studies, role plays, report writing, presentations and examination preparation. A range of trips and experiences are also available to destinations such as to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and Flamingo Land, helping you to understand the domestic travel industry, as well as overseas work placements providing opportunities to build essential work- related skills in your chosen area.
How will you be assessed?
Assessment is via presentations, group work and assignments and externally assessed exams.
The Travel and Tourism industry remains one of the biggest and fastest growing sectors in the world, and our students often pursue it at degree level or enter related employment after their time at HNC. Our graduates have progressed to a hugely diverse range of opportunities within Tourism Management, Events and Hospitality, as Air Cabin Crew and as Travel Reps, working with a range of leading companies including Jet 2 and British Airways. Applied Travel and Tourism students also progress to university to study subjects such as:
• Tourism and Business
• International Tourism
• Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism
• Events Management